Saturday, May 26, 2012

Photographers: How to add a Pinterest tab to Facebook Timeline

Pin It


Hi, there, fellow photographers!

Now maybe this is old news, but I was pretty darn excited to see that you can add a Pinterest tab to your Facebook Business page. It is easy-peasy!  The best part is that research has shown that Pinterest is generating more interest (entertaining rhyme shamelessly deliberate!) than any other social media.  Linking it to your Facebook just makes good sense from a marketing standpoint, and I am going to show you how to do it.  Ready?  You sure?  Ok; let's begin!

1. First, you need to access an easy app for this.  I used http://woobox.com/pinterest which is absolutely free.  And who doesn't love free?

2. You should see a button that says: "Install Pinterest". Go ahead.  Do it!  I'll wait.  ;-)

3.  Now you will be asked to choose a Facebook fan page.  I myself only have one, but if you are a mover and a shaker, you may have many! (watch out The Donald!) Click the page you where you want your Pinterest tab to appear.

4.  Click on "add a page tab".  (I have no cute remarks for this step.  Sorry.)

5. If you have followed steps 1-4 to a T (or is that a P?), you should now see a box asking for your Pinterest user name.  You know what to do.

6. Here is the fun part.  You can choose to have the tab link to your entire Pinterest, or to a specified board.  I set up one called "My Photography."  I know.  Original, right?  Fortunately, Pinterest now embraces showcasing one's own work, since previously, this was frowned upon.  Thanks for wising up, Pinterest!  (*note: If you do choose to use one specific board, you will have to log into Pinterest to find the URL.  You can do that by clicking on the board of your choice.)

7. You can choose whether or not Facebook users can share your pins.  I clicked.  What can I say...I live dangerously!  ;-)

8.  Be a gatekeeper or not. Personally, I want people to like my page because they, well, like my work, and want to know who I am and might want to hire or network with me, so I left this alone.  Because of that,  I am not all that sure what the other options actually do, but if you want to click them, please feel free to come back and us all know what happens.

All that is left to do is save your settings and voila!  Pinterest button added to your Facebook Business page!

Please feel free to share with others, however, if you do, I humbly request that you link or come back and give me some blog love.  :)

Happy Apping!

Muah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!