Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey, Girl(s)! I Heart Faces May Photo Contest

Pin It

I have TWO amazing daughters and no shortage of photos I could have chosen for this month's entry.  Many of them, in fact, technically better than the one I am sharing.

But...this picture is special.  My oldest daughter has the good fortune of having an amazing bestie who I love as though she were my own.  Her dad is raising both R and her brother on his own, and he is doing a stellar job, too!  I am so grateful to be a part of this young lady's life, and I celebrate that she is a part of ours. The girls have been instrumental in encouraging me to "do something for reals" with my photography, and they jumped at the chance to be models for an afternoon.

 This picture perfectly captured the unique spirit of each girl today, in this moment, and the special relationship that they share. As well, they were involved from start to finish with the shoot, acting as "stylists", picking the location, and running to see each set of images between poses.  They were especially excited when the pictures went to the editing phase and requested a "vintagey" look.  This shot was one of their favorites.

J and R, thank you so much for sharing your afternoon with me.  I loved every minute, and I love you both to the moon and back!  :)


{R with the megawatt smile; J with the dramatic kiss for Mom. } This photo was submitted to the May 2012 I Heart Faces Photo Contest. :) Photo Challenge Submission


I LOVE me some I Heart Faces! Head on over and enter your "Hey Girl!" photo today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a huge smile it has to be for real! Love it!!

Lisa said...

Mrs. Claus...it was. They are so excited to be on the blog, too! Thank you for commenting. :)

Anonymous said...

Love that silliness!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!